JALINGO LG BOSS INAUGURATED SECURITY COMMITTEE TO COORDINATE THE ACTIVITIES OF NON-CONVENTIONAL SECURITY OUTFITS IN JALINGO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
By Habu Ardo JP.
The Caretaker Committee Chairman of Jalingo LGA who doubles as the ALGON Chairman Taraba State, Hon Abdulnaseer Bobboji today inaugurated a Seven-Man Security Committee to regulate the activities of Non-Conventional Security outfits within Jalingo Local Government Area.
Inaugurating the committee at the council Secretariat, Bobboji charged the members to ensure discipline among all Non-Conventional security outfits in Jalingo Local Government Area.
He said, “The security of our citizen is of paramount importance and should be taken seriously”
“In line with the resolution of the Jalingo Local Government security Council to enlarged security outfit, in order to curtail the current security challenges, you have been appointed to serve on the above-mentioned committee”.
“As a committee, you are to carry out the following assignment;
1. To identity the total number of non-governmental/voluntary security agencies, vigilante group, peace committee and other community-based security outfits in each ward.
2. To coordinate and streamline the activities of non-governmental/voluntary security agencies, the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, community peace committees and hunters.
3. Ensure security associations facilitate collective approach and synergy to security challenges.
4. Identity also, the membership of each group, with names, for profiling by relevance security agencies.
5. Identify the total number of Sarkin matasa/youths leaders in each ward and the procedure of appointing them.
6. To receive an oral and written memorandum from interested members of the public on the way to improve community involvement in peace and security of Jalingo.
7. To draw-up operational guidelines for the effective operation of the voluntary security outfit in line with the extant laws.
8. To bring to light any other issues/suggestions that will facilitate the sustainability of peace and security in the Jalingo Local Government Area”.
“The committee will be headed by SP Aji Raniyan DO, NSCDC as Chairman, Abubakar Yakubu Jalo DD, AGS, Jalingo as Secretary, Members are drawn from other agencies as follows;
Representative Of the Nigeria Police PO Madu from Jalingo division, A Mairiga O/C NIS, Hassan Mamza O/C DSS, Chairman Nigeria Vigilante group Jalingo Branch and Aminu Umar Mafindi S/Dawaki as representative of community leaders”.
Finally, the committee is to submit its report on or before Wednesday 17th June 2020.